Local COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF APRIL 5, 2021
Marathon Public Library COVID-19 Update
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 5, 202 (MARATHON, ON) — As announced by the Ontario Provincial Government, the entire province will be entering the GREY lockdown stage in accordance to the provincial COVID-19 response framework at 12:01 AM on April 3, 2021. With the announcement made by the provincial government, the Marathon Public Library will continue to be open for roadside assistance and the delivery of our services will not be affected at this time. Please continue to follow all previous COVID-19 procedures set by the Marathon Public Library until further notice.
What does this mean?
Following the COVID-19 colour coded system put into place by our library, it is still deemed unsafe to enter the building. Therefore, the Marathon Public Library will be continuing with our current operating procedures at this time.
Continuing COVID-19 safety measures, for the Marathon Public Library, are as follows:
- Patrons are no longer permitted to enter the facility at this time.
- Wireless internet can be accessed from outside the building. We ask that you please remain inside your vehicle while using this service and to park at the far end (near picnic table) of the parking lot.
- Contactless roadside pickup will continue to be offered during our restricted COVID-19 hours. We ask that you please wear a mask when the staff member approaches your vehicle. You may remove the mask once the staff member is a safe six (6) feet away.
- All returned materials will be placed in a 72-hour hold prior to being disinfected by a staff member.
- Employees will be wearing medical or cotton masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin when handling library materials or not behind plexi-glass barriers.
- Employees will be wearing medical or cotton masks as well as a plastic face shield when delivering materials to your vehicle. While also using proper hand hygiene techniques and thorough disinfecting protocols on all library materials.
- Employees are required to complete our COVID-19 screening before each shift and entering the facility.
- At this time, only one (1) employee of the Marathon Public Library is permitted to be on-site. As a result, all other employees will be working remotely.
- Services such as printing, faxing, scan to email, and laminating will still be offered following our COVID-19 procedures. Please call the library at 229-0740 for more information about how these services will be operating.
- Previous COVID-19 restricted hours will remain in place.
- Facsimile, Scan to Email, and photocopying services will be offered by roadside assistance
- Remote printing is available through the use of our online request form that can be accessed on our website at https://marathon.olsn.ca/uncategorized/print-request-form/
We apologize in advance for the slow movement and processing of library items and materials. The staff of the Marathon Public Library appreciate your patience and understanding.
For more information on our COVID-19 response please click here (https://marathon.olsn.ca/covid-19/)